This post contains affiliate links. I will receive compensation for any purchases made through these links.
Creative Live has been one of my favorite resources for learning photography since it launched a few years ago. The basic premise is this: Viewers can live-stream all kinds of creative courses–from photography to cooking to crafts–completely for free while they’re live. (And if you miss them during the day, you can usually catch a free rebroadcast that evening!)
And if you want to keep the courses forever, you can purchase them and watch them whenever you want. Courses typically range from $29 – $299, depending on the length and materials included. You can browse all of Creative Live’s available photography courses here, or take a look at 10 I highlighted below.
Upcoming Classes – Free if You Watch Live
1. Photoshop Week 2016 – Feb 22 – 27 – Photoshop week is back. Learn the ins and outs of Photoshop from some of the world’s best photographers and retouchers.
2. Storytelling with Mobile Photography – March 1 – Learn how to create stunning mobile visual stories with photojournalist Ed Kashi.
3. Baby Safety and Posing for Newborn Photography – March 11-12 – Learn safe posing techniques for your newborn sessions with Kelly Brown.
4. Wedding Photography: Capturing the Story – March 14-15 – In this Creative Live Course, you’ll learn how to capture weddings beautifully, from start to finish, with photographers Rocco Ancora and Ryan Schembri.
Classes You Can Purchase & Watch Anytime
5. Portrait Photography Bootcamp – $159 – Learn how to take stunning portraits with Lindsay Adler, an NYC fashion photographer. I happened to catch some of this one live, and I learned a lot.
6. 28 Days of Portrait Photography – $299 – With Sue Bryce. This is another course that I watched live–quite a bit of it, too–and it’s worth every bit of $299. It covered posing, lighting, shooting, editing, business, and a little bit of everything. You really get inside Sue Bryce’s head with this course.
7. Food Photography – $129 – Andrew Scrivani goes over basic & intermediate food photography tips. This course includes segments dedicated to food blogging.
8. Children’s Posing Guide – $129 – Go behind the scenes with Tamara Lackey and learn how she poses children in different environments. She discusses the challenges of photographing children, and explains how she handles tricky situations.
9. Pricing & Sales for Photographers – $129 – Julie Kelleher talks about marketing, branding, consultations, in-person sales, how to price your products and packages, and more in this Creative Live course.
10. Natural Light with Sue Bryce – $39 – This quick 8-lesson course covers shooting in natural light both indoors and outside. Sue goes over window light, silhouettes, backlighting, outdoor light, etc.
Did you like this post? Share it!
Top photography posts at Every Little Adventure: